Go Back   DFW Auto Club Forums > Marketplace > DFW Auto Club Sponsors > Invisibra
Please support our sponsor: Wheelexperts.com
Please support our sponsor: Earmark Car Audio

Old 06-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Invisibra_Norm
DFWAC Sponsor

Invisibra_Norm is on a distinguished road
Default It's hot. Too hot. So do something about it.

Just a quick blurb guys.

I'm starting to promote a new product called PolarVest.

It's like wearing a personal air-conditioner.

I've been testing this for about a month, since the last cars and coffee, and I'm really impressed. Last year I ran my shop A/C at around 72 degrees or so, and averaged $400 to $500 in electric bills during the summer. This last month, I let the shop sit at 82-83 degrees, and was comfortable wearing one of the Vests! My bill was around $150 last month. (Will go up some next month, but I still expect this to be a really good $$ saver at the shop)

I also drove home from Cars & Coffee with the windows rolled up, A/C turned off. While not super 'comfortable' it was far far better than if I had not had the cooling action of the vest, so is excellent if racing at the track without a/c.

The vest has 4 pockets that hold packs that freeze at 65 degrees, so they thaw at 65 degrees, and keep your skin 65 degrees where they are touching you. I find the vest very refreshing, as it really works. Works BETTER than Ice packs would, because you won't get frostbite or pain from the cold that ice would give you. Plus, it does not cause vascular restriction, which is how your body deals with very cold conditions.

Uses:

Doing some yard work in the summer? Keep cooler at it.
Going to the Race track? Keep cooler without running the A/C around the track.
Riding your Motorcycle? Wear a Polar Vest under your heavy gear and feel MUCH cooler.
Gotta do something in the attic? Keep from passing out from heat.
So many more.

The cooling packs will freeze in ice water in 20 minutes, or in the refrigerator/freezer at home in about an hour. I have 2 sets of cooling packs at work and swap them out when one set thaws. (Cools your body for 2-3 hours on average)

Now, I have 12 of the vests on hand. 10 of the Tan, and 2 of the Blue. I also have 5 spare sets of packs which is handy when you are using for extended time. Keep one set frozen till the first set thaws, then swap them out. I will have these for anyone wanting to test them out at the Cooper Auto show tomorrow, Sunday June 3'rd, 2012.

Here is a link to the website I'm affiliated with. I can get you 10% off the website price, just ask me for the coupon code. They are re-working features of the website, so navigation isn't perfect yet.

http://www.polarvest.com/?ap_id=invisibra

Norm Schilling- Owner/Installer
Business location:
2530 Tarpley Road Suite 100
Carrollton, TX 75006
www.invisibra.net
214-704-9299
Invisibra_Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
ken o
DFWAC Senior Member

ken o is on a distinguished road

Some of the track guys wear this in place of installing a cool shirt, wiring, tubing with water, etc. It looks like a quick and easy alternative to staying cool on the track.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Invisibra_Norm
DFWAC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken o View Post
Some of the track guys wear this in place of installing a cool shirt, wiring, tubing with water, etc. It looks like a quick and easy alternative to staying cool on the track.
It really does work well. I wore one the whole day at the Auto's in the park show, and while not being 'chilled' in the 95 deg conditions, I for sure was much more comfortable with it on. I took it off for about 1/2 hour, and wanted it back on again.

I did sell a couple to some racers, so hopefully I'll have some feedback from their prospective soon.

Norm

Business location:
Carrollton, TX 75006
www.invisibra.net
214-704-9299
Old 06-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
CIWS
Moon Parasite

CIWS is on a distinguished road

When I see those Norm all I think about are the hundreds of construction workers at Love Field right now building the new terminal and out in the heat.

2015 335i MSport - MPPK, Borla ATAK exhaust, E.R. charge pipe.

2013 X1 35i Sport - 2009 X6 50i -2006 STS-V -2005 CTS-V
CIWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Invisibra_Norm
DFWAC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
When I see those Norm all I think about are the hundreds of construction workers at Love Field right now building the new terminal and out in the heat.
No kidding!

Ok, to get 10% off of the polar vest, enter code NORM10 case sensitive at the Polarvest site. I also have several in my inventory if you want to give it a try before buying it for the next hot race day, etc...

Business location:
Carrollton, TX 75006
www.invisibra.net
214-704-9299
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Dustball Rally
Porschephile

Dustball Rally is on a distinguished road

That is slick, and definitely useful in my area of daily 99-102 dry heat temps.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
trentor
heel. toe. shift.

trentor is on a distinguished road

I'd kill for dry heat temps. Nasty humid heat temps make me
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Invisibra_Norm
DFWAC Sponsor

Nice thing about these Polar Vests, is that they are just as effective in humid or dry conditions. They do not rely on evaporation to work. If it is really humid there will be a little bit of condensation, but typically not enough to soak you down.

Business location:
Carrollton, TX 75006
www.invisibra.net
214-704-9299
Old 06-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

Tejas500 is on a distinguished road

I wore one last summer while riding my motorcycle and I was impressed, I just didn't like the fact that the cooling pouches were no longer cold after an hour. I must say that they do get cold again extremely quickly, like 15-20 minutes quickly. A cool product, especially if you can get it at discounted prices.
Tejas500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
trentor
heel. toe. shift.

trentor is on a distinguished road

Had I had one of these, I likely would have kept my SV650. An hour of cooling would have covered 75% of my riding. I just couldn't handle the heat on a bike half the year.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Invisibra_Norm
DFWAC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas500 View Post
I wore one last summer while riding my motorcycle and I was impressed, I just didn't like the fact that the cooling pouches were no longer cold after an hour. I must say that they do get cold again extremely quickly, like 15-20 minutes quickly. A cool product, especially if you can get it at discounted prices.
Were you using an actual "Polar Vest" Or a similar product? Some competitors are using less cc's in their PCM pouches than the Polar Vest version, so they can melt away faster. Plus, the Polar Vest uses medical grade urethane, which is why they have a lifetime warranty. Some other products use industrial urethane, which degenerates in a couple years.

I'm getting 2-3 hours out of mine as I use it in my shop. The guy who makes them was telling me that if you unzip your bike jacket while riding, the 90+ deg air blowing over the outside of them will make them loose their cool much more quickly than if you zip up your jacket while riding. The constant flow of air just melts them quicker than normal.

Business location:
Carrollton, TX 75006
www.invisibra.net
214-704-9299
Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

Tejas500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibra_Norm View Post
The guy who makes them was telling me that if you unzip your bike jacket while riding, the 90+ deg air blowing over the outside of them will make them loose their cool much more quickly than if you zip up your jacket while riding. The constant flow of air just melts them quicker than normal.
It was a real Polar Vest but I never unzipped the jacket, however I do ride pretty much year round with heavily perforated/ventilated jackets so there is substantial air flow coming over the cells. I imagine you would get better user time out of them in a shop working than on a 200F motorcycle sitting in the 95F+ sun. Most guys that ride have similar results of around one hour to one hour and fifteen minutes user time before the cells need to be cooled down again, great thing is that they get cold again within 15 minutes in an ice chest.

It's a great product and currently the best solution on the market. I will let a few of my riding buddies know that you are selling them and hopefully send a little business your way.
Tejas500 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tejas500 For This Useful Post:
Invisibra_Norm (06-11-2012)