Food | Wine | Cigars DFW Area Cuisine, Spirits & Smoke
Please support our sponsor: Details, LTD
Please support our sponsor: Wheelexperts.com

Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
heel. toe. shift.
trentor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RCarmichael77 View Post
When I can find it ...
That's one of the very few beers I just can't stomach. I'm not sure I've ever had an IPA I liked. Some regular Pale Ales are pretty good though. Pale Moon is a good one.
- Some off-road things
- Some on-road things
trentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #22
kwiker is on a distinguished road

Here are a few that i like, out of a total of 20-25 beers i have had in my life. (i didn't start drinking beer till about 2 years ago)

St. Bernardus ABT 12 - one of my favorites, i don't think it's hard to find, Market Street usually has it.

La Trappe Dubbel Koningshoeven (i think, had it at Flying Saucer, might have been a tripel or quad)

Pauwel Kwak - This is the beer that actually made me start drinking. I had tasted bud light, corona, miller light and a few other big name beers, disgusting, pretty much never wanted to drink beer b/c i thought they were all going to taste similar. A couple friends recommended Kwak to me so i tried it and really liked it, so i started drinking similar stuff. I remember liking this one a little warmer than normal, i have only been able to find it at Central Market. Had it on tap at a place in Houston, it was really good there.

Chimay Blue - I have had the red and white also, they don't really stand out in my memory. (Vickery Park)

Delirium Nocturnum and Tremens - I tried them once, back to back, i remember liking one of them but not really liking the other, i don't remember which one it was. (Market Street)

Maredsous 8 and 10 - I think i liked both of these. (Market Street)

Westmalle tripel and dubbel - both of those are pretty good also, i think i had them at Idle Rich.

Orval Trappist - i think i had this one as Vickery Park or the place across the street (downtown Plano), can't remember the name.
kwiker is offline   Reply With Quote