Sports NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, PGA & More
Please support our sponsor: Boardwalk Ferrar - Maserati
Please support our sponsor: Wheelexperts.com

Old 10-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Arch_horn
from somewhere else

Arch_horn is on a distinguished road
Default Texas / OU

In honor of Texas v OU week...I present Shaggybevo's Thread of UT dominance.

If you like MS paint and GIF (and inappropriate humor) click the link...gets good at page 4.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...D-OF-DOMINANCE
Arch_horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
BlackBird007
DFWAC Senior Member

BlackBird007 is on a distinguished road

It's 9:34pm on October 3...and OU still sucks.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
RaceMX-M3
Fly First Class

RaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been going to this game since the 70's and it's always a great game. I have the best tickets this year I've ever had - 40 yard line, row 2 behind the OU bench. Boomer Sooner.
Radar-Mirror.com
RBC Wealth Management
RaceMX-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Mike
DFWAC Senior Member

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMX-M3 View Post
.... Boomer Sooner.
Ooooooh, you're gonna' love that shaggy link.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

Tejas500 is on a distinguished road

Another Sooner here, Boomer Baby!!!
Tejas500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Silentrun
DFWAC Senior Member

Silentrun is on a distinguished road

2012 Cayman R-SOLD

2009 997 TT Heavily Modified
2011 GT3 RS
2011 Carrera S
2012 Cayenne S Hybrid
Silentrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
tranman329
DFWAC Senior Member

tranman329 is on a distinguished road

Hook 'em!
tranman329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Zinia
DFWAC Senior Member

Zinia is on a distinguished road

Oklahoma can't even field a team without recruiting from Texas.

I see Texas 2 (OU) beating Texas 1 (UT) on Saturday.
Zinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinia View Post
Oklahoma can't even field a team without recruiting from Texas.

I see Texas 2 (OU) beating Texas 1 (UT) on Saturday.
It's so funny that Texas fans always throw that in everyones face. Where else do they think they would come from? Texas, California, and Florida are best football production states and that's where the majority of the countries best college players come from. I grew up in South Texas, as a Longhorn in fact, and I found myself in Norman for college.

If Oklahoma fielding the majority of it's players from Texas angers UT fans so much, then maybe Texas should ask itself what it is doing wrong. What aren't we offering that Oklahoma is? Why do we lose recruits to a school in another state, we are the biggest University in the country? I would start with consistently winning the conference.

When a kid is recruited to a school to play he looks at team stats, overall and recent school record, who has played there in the past and present, who is the coach/coaches, and how much playing time will I get. The majority of kids (the good ones) want to play where they will win and have a consistent shot at winning the conference and the National Championship every year.

I may be a Sooner by degree and by heart, but I respect and like Texas. As a player I wouldn't care about the overall win record of the Red River shootout because that is just one game of the year, I would look at conference wins, bowl game wins and bids, Heisman winners, All-Americans, players in the pro's, and the head coach. It might be a toss up to some, but to me and obviously a lot of other Texas kids, all of those factors weighing in would lean towards Oklahoma.

All in all, it is a great rivalry and I know that most of the nation looks forward to this game every year. Nine times out of ten it decides who will win the conference too. I believe that Texas is the only team in the conference that has the talent in all positions to compete with Oklahoma and that makes for an interesting game.

Best of luck this weekend Texas fans and Boomer Sooner!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
Arch_horn
from somewhere else

Arch_horn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas500 View Post
It's so funny that Texas fans always throw that in everyones face. Where else do they think they would come from? Texas, California, and Florida are best football production states and that's where the majority of the countries best college players come from. I grew up in South Texas, as a Longhorn in fact, and I found myself in Norman for college.

If Oklahoma fielding the majority of it's players from Texas angers UT fans so much, then maybe Texas should ask itself what it is doing wrong. What aren't we offering that Oklahoma is? Why do we lose recruits to a school in another state, we are the biggest University in the country? I would start with consistently winning the conference.

When a kid is recruited to a school to play he looks at team stats, overall and recent school record, who has played there in the past and present, who is the coach/coaches, and how much playing time will I get. The majority of kids (the good ones) want to play where they will win and have a consistent shot at winning the conference and the National Championship every year.

I may be a Sooner by degree and by heart, but I respect and like Texas. As a player I wouldn't care about the overall win record of the Red River shootout because that is just one game of the year, I would look at conference wins, bowl game wins and bids, Heisman winners, All-Americans, players in the pro's, and the head coach. It might be a toss up to some, but to me and obviously a lot of other Texas kids, all of those factors weighing in would lean towards Oklahoma.

All in all, it is a great rivalry and I know that most of the nation looks forward to this game every year. Nine times out of ten it decides who will win the conference too. I believe that Texas is the only team in the conference that has the talent in all positions to compete with Oklahoma and that makes for an interesting game.

Best of luck this weekend Texas fans and Boomer Sooner!!!
I don't think 'Horn fans are too upset about losing some recruits to OU. There's only so many spots available every year...and like you said with as much talent coming out of Texas...you can't have 'em all. I think it's only a "dig" that's easy to latch on to. Now in some cases...cough "A. Peterson" cough...it's more personal...but that's also what makes it such a great tradition. Lot's of respect and some occasional hate
Arch_horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
Zinia
DFWAC Senior Member

Zinia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's so funny that Texas fans always throw that in everyones face.
I'm not that much of a UT fan, I just don't like the state of Oklahoma. But that distaste goes back several decades.
Zinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
Fubar
Totally ***** Up

Fubar is on a distinguished road

North Texas owns your face… bitches. We got Paul Schaffer!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
DallasM5
DFWAC Senior Member

DallasM5 is on a distinguished road

section 20 row 2 seat 1

woot woot

Quote:
and that statement is garbage, its all about who pays these guys the most. I know damn well 9/10 of these guys dont come from families that can afford range rovers and escalades. I see it all the time around the UT campus. I have friends on the UT and OU team, and i know their family background. Ill just say that most of them didnt have cell phones in high school, how do they have cars now?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

The hidden money from Alumni and supporters goes on everywhere, the bigger schools are just in the spotlight and under the microscope a little more than the rest so they are more likely to be exposed.

The cars are usually given to them to drive as a perk, they don't own them or pay for them in most cases. A lot of the better athletes do come from low socio-economic back grounds and these perks are an attention grabber, but they are destined to get that anywhere they play and all of the big D1 schools provide this luxury in one form or another, same goes for their academics. Sadly this is just part of the modern collegiate athlete subculture. This is why you don't see Ivy League schools, private schools, and the Academies competing at the top level too often, they require a high standard GPA and that just isn't doable by the majority of these recruits.

The kids that have the talent to play at the next level will seek out the schools that provide all or the majority of those aspects, the goodies just come with the territory. I lived with two OU players in college that now play and start in the NFL, I was side line at every home game in college, I got to see how things went down first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasM5 View Post
section 20 row 2 seat 1

woot woot

and that statement is garbage, its all about who pays these guys the most. I know damn well 9/10 of these guys dont come from families that can afford range rovers and escalades. I see it all the time around the UT campus. I have friends on the UT and OU team, and i know their family background. Ill just say that most of them didnt have cell phones in high school, how do they have cars now?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
Bokke
DFWAC Senior Member

Bokke is on a distinguished road

Boomer Sooner

Oh, and it's OU / Texas weekend!
16 F82 ///M4 GTS FDG | LWB | November 2016
15 991 GT3 | Rhodium Silver | LWB | PCCB's
Bokke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #16
TXSailor
DFWAC Senior Member

TXSailor is on a distinguished road

Hook 'Em Horns!
Class of '93
TXSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Mr. Hollywood
DFWAC Senior Member

Mr. Hollywood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post

Oh, and it's OU / Texas weekend!
Not according to the Cotton Bowl.
Mr. Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
DallasM5
DFWAC Senior Member

DallasM5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The hidden money from Alumni and supporters goes on everywhere, the bigger schools are just in the spotlight and under the microscope a little more than the rest so they are more likely to be exposed.

The cars are usually given to them to drive as a perk, they don't own them or pay for them in most cases. A lot of the better athletes do come from low socio-economic back grounds and these perks are an attention grabber, but they are destined to get that anywhere they play and all of the big D1 schools provide this luxury in one form or another, same goes for their academics. Sadly this is just part of the modern collegiate athlete subculture. This is why you don't see Ivy League schools, private schools, and the Academies competing at the top level too often, they require a high standard GPA and that just isn't doable by the majority of these recruits.

The kids that have the talent to play at the next level will seek out the schools that provide all or the majority of those aspects, the goodies just come with the territory. I lived with two OU players in college that now play and start in the NFL, I was side line at every home game in college, I got to see how things went down first hand.
Oh boy dont get me started on academics, F frat guys and anyone who endorses fraternities, and F athletes. Both of them cheat like no other and it screws the rest of us over who actually learn the stuff but get screwed over on our curves.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
Tejas500
DFWAC Senior Member

Quote:
Oh boy dont get me started on academics, F frat guys and anyone who endorses fraternities, and F athletes. Both of them cheat like no other and it screws the rest of us over who actually learn the stuff but get screwed over on our curves.
I agree, I watched that happen for four years while I busted my butt in the engineering department at 18 hours a semester. College is what you make of it though and I did my best to not let other people's fortunes/misfortunes bother me.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
ranger22
Track Addict

ranger22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like someone's got a little pent up resentment. As a former college athlete and fraternity member, I'm not so sure you can conclude that we all cheat. I set the curve without cheating and without having to study too hard. Though there certainly were plenty of people who cried foul, but bottom line was that they just weren't as quick to learn new things. Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts.
ranger22 is offline   Reply With Quote