Go Back   DFW Auto Club Forums > DFW Auto Club Lifestyle > Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum
Please support our sponsor: Tritek Tint
Please support our sponsor: Boardwalk Ferrar - Maserati

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
RaceMX-M3
Adrenaline Junkie

RaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond reputeRaceMX-M3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apple Rocks - Good info if you own a device

You can't beat Apple's customer service, especially compared to Microsoft. Have an issue with that new PC you just dropped 2 grand on? Tough **** call the oem vendor you got it from. I tried to switch my desktops to Apple a couple of years ago but sadly I'm stuck with PC's because most of the software I use won't run directly on the Mac. BUT I have two Ipads and I'm now on my 3rd or 4th Iphone.

I upgraded yesterday to the new Iphone 5s and don't ask me how but the phone ended up stuck blocking my car door from shutting and wen't from an Iphone to a U shaped phone in no time. $800 phone. I went to the AT&T store I got it from hoping the insurance I opted for would cover me, well sort of. They wanted a $200 decuctible and wanted me to wait for another phone in the mail. I didn't mind the $200, after all it was my fault but didn't want to wait for a new phone.

I'd had good luck going direct to the Apple store in the past so I scheduled an appt at the Genuis Bar. Within 2 minutes of me walking in the store and telling them I crushed the phone in my car door, and not even asking for anything special they told me they would cover it under warranty for .. get this.. free! And this isn't the first time they've done this for me. I bought a $800 Ipad for my daughter a couple of years ago and the day I bring it home it hits the floor and cracks the screen like a spider web. Same deal.. Apple gives me a brand new one for free. The same Ipad was ruined a year later after my wife ran it in the washing machine with my daughter's laundry. This time it cost me (only) $199 to get another brand new Ipad, which was more than fair.

If you own an Apple product and have issues go direct to the Apple Store, in my experience when something gets broken when it's brand new they really take care of you and if it's not they still take care of you big time.
RBC Wealth Management
RaceMX-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RaceMX-M3 For This Useful Post:
BWHurst (07-29-2014), calintexas (07-29-2014), SAFE4NOW (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #2
goofygrin
DFWAC Senior Member

goofygrin is on a distinguished road

Now... My experience with macbook pros (about 1/2 of our office runs them).

If it's broke "sorry we have to send it to the depot" which means we're not working (consultants, $/hr basically) which is bad.

Dell? They send a guy with parts the next day -- for 3 years (we buy Latitudes).

Supposedly, Apple is going to provide better business support (likely for a fee) but honestly I'm not likely to buy any more macbooks. The "everything is soldered" design has caused us a number of issues since there is no recourse if your motherboard dies... you can't pull the hard drive to save your data at all (this happened to me, luckily time machine saved me).
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
Fubar
Totally ***** Up

Fubar is on a distinguished road

iCloud is the mother of all back ups. I've had similar experience with apple replacing broken items. If you backup to icloud then your phone is back to normal before you leave the store. I have a Mac Pro at the office and it will burn your face its so fast. I challenge any PC to beat the HD access speeds.